Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Show of the week: Parks and Recreation



The first time I watched this show was about a year ago, or maybe early this year. I didn't know what was going on but I really enjoyed it. Fast forward a couple of months and I've finished the whole show thus far. It's HILARIOUS. I know a lot of people are Tina Fey fans, but I have to say, out of the Fey-Poehler partnership, I'm a Poehler girl through and through. She's awesome as Leslie Knope (and let's face it, we all have a little bit of Leslie inside us), and her small but powerful performance in Mean Girls as Regina's mum is probably the most quoted character in my social group. And yes, I know Tina Fey basically created the character. Ahem.



Another reason why I love Amy Poehler is that she is married to Will Arnett, who plays Gob Bluth from Arrested Development (and those who haven't seen Arrested Development should do so immediately). They're always guest starring in each others' shows, and it's just really hilarious. Will Arnett does a cameo in Parks and Recreation and it is HILARIOUS. They also starred in Blades of Glory playing a brother and sister skating duo. Weird.



For those who don't know anything about the show, it's basically about the ins and outs of the Parks and Recreation department of a fictional town's - Pawnee's - local government. It's a pretty disposable department, but protagonist Leslie Knope is just so proud of her job that it's adorable. I don't think I'm really selling it that well, but it's awesome and I think everyone should go watch it. The show also stars Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt and Aziz Ansari.

Go watch it. You know you want to.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know she was married to Will Arnett! That's funny. He's so creepy in 30 Rock.

    I think Andy is the perfect boy, because he is legit harmless and sweet as heck. And I think Ron Swanson is the most American man to have ever been on television. I think he is fantastic. So many good things about this show. Have a feeling this is how I felt about 30 Rock when it first started. I hope it doesn't go on for too long and ruin these feelings..

    Also Alice looked up Pawnee and it's a real place! Although I'm sure they've fictionalised it for the purpose of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so it is real? Oops. I thought it was made up.

    Ron Swanson is my fave character after leslie knope. He is awesome. He's younger than my parents and he's actually married to tammy 2.

    ReplyDelete