Monday, May 30, 2011

The Hoop

It is confirmed. I actually have whooping cough. How weird that it's making a scary comeback. I remember in primary school, there were posters in the sick bay about whooping cough, but I never properly investigated it. I mean, do you know what mumps and rubella are? I don't. In fact, if it wasn't for a really touching episode of 'Touched by an Angel', I wouldn't have known what polio was.

Anyway, I have whooping cough, but luckily it's a minor infection so my doctor has put me on some antibiotics. She has also done some swabs at the back of my throat to check if I have the infection at the back of my throat and if I do, well, I need to start stage two of medication. Eek! I wonder why this is happening all of a sudden. I suppose it's like one person passing it on to four people and they all pass it on to the people in their lives. It reminds me of facebook, but don't ask me to explain because I only see it in images.

I'm feeling goddamn miserable though. I'm aching all over, and constantly craving food I can't have. In fact, just to torture me, mum made my brother potato gems for dinner. And she like fried them in oil too. I whined, and mum looked apologetic, albeit amused. Oh, mother! It actually hurts to lift a cup. That's how bad it is. Although, to be fair, my fitness has improved. I'm pretty sure I can run 4 km without stopping BUT at my own pace. I do have moments where I have to stop and cough my guts out, but hey, it's a bloody big improvement from when I first started.

Digression: Who watches Glee? I've been watching the last couple of episodes and while I have no idea what's going on, I really enjoyed the Lady Gaga Born This Way and Fleetwood Mac episodes. Plus channel 10 aired Artie singing "Isn't She Lovely?" to Brittany and that warmed my heart. Oh and also this:



That's just really cool. I remember watching it for the first time and thinking it was amazing. Loves it! Oh and I also really loved the moment when Kurt was on the football team and he got the boys to dance to Beyonce's 'All the Single Ladies'. That was a lol moment.

Hmm, maybe I should just bite the bullet and start watching Glee. I suppose my only qualm is that it's a lot of episodes and I don't know how committed I will be to it when there are 24 episodes a season. Then again, I have nothing else to watch now that How I Met Your Mother, Archer, Gossip Girl, Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds and Modern Family have finished. Although, what's exciting is that Pretty Little Liars is coming back on air in June and I am SO EXCITED FOR IT. Yes, guilty pleasure fo sho, but it's actually really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment