Monday, April 4, 2011

food.

I forgot to mention to the world that I will be going to...

THAILAND!


Hells yeah. I'm so excited. My partner and I have planned a 16 day trip to Thailand. We're visiting Krabi for a week, and the remaining will be spent chilling out in busy Bangkok. I'm so excited about this! I'm actually really stoked about eating real Thai food. I've been scavenging the internet, trying to read up on cuisine and it's all super exciting. I'm pretty keen to check out some Thai desserts. Writer Richard Barrow did this awesome challenge where he had to eat different kinds of Thai street food for 30 days (no repeats of dishes) and some of the things he ate are so exciting. Really do check it out. I suppose the only downer with Thai food is that they use a lot of pork and I no longer eat pork. It makes me sad sometimes, because I really like the taste of pork. Hell, I can't even eat delicious chorizo anymore!

Anyway, I'm so excited (as you can probably tell). The only issue is definitely this thing people call a "bikini body". I think it's very safe to say that I've gained a lot of weight ever since I started going out with my partner. We've both become a little more rotund than we would like to be. I suppose we have a really really healthy relationship with food, and I always make room to eat in my belly. My point is, I think I need to start doing some kind of regimented exercise, probably do some more zumba lessons. Or just dance a lot. Or I could do those zumba DVDs my parents bought. Point is, exercise, and "healthy eating" should be, er, exercised (haha!). If we're going to be in tropical Thailand, wearing minimal clothing because it's super hot and possibly splashing about in some water (or if you're like me and can't swim, chase waves in its most literal sense), I wanna look goooooood. Day-mn.

Unlike my trip to Singapore and Malaysia, I am going to take my camera with me to Thailand and document all the awesome! Yeah, I'm excited. And I'll be going a few days after my birthday so this definitely calls for huge waves of psychetude.

WOO!

Anyway, here are some pictures. My dad bought a Nikon D7000 and we went crazy with photos!





1 comment:

  1. i have been to thailand last year.awesome place,great people,amazing nature and delicious foods.i wanna go there again :))
    http://fashionbong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete