Thursday, June 24, 2010

monty and moo moo

I went dress shopping! And I found a dress that is very suitable for my 21st birthday. I went shopping with Susie and we went to this place on Brunswick Street called Sheila Vintage and it was lovely. I asked the wonderful sales lady for some help and she got me to try on all these dress. I eventually settled for this pink lace drop waist dress. It's actually a dress from the eighties but it definitely fits. Daisy would be proud. I will post up some photos later.

Afterwards, my partner and I had dinner at this Thai place called Thai City and it was so tasty! We were so full that we had to scrap plans to eat ice cream. We ended up walking all the way back to his house. On the way, we walked down Brunswick Street, and I swear, it is the coolest street ever. I want to spend a day there shopping. There are so many places to shop and eat it's insane. Plus, it'd be perfect for a little project Susie's involved with. I'm not sure how much I can say about it, but it's exciting, and I've got some awesome ideas for her!

Anyway, so we ate at Thai City. Well, here are some photos!

DSC04788

Yummy thai fish cakes

DSC04792

Delicious chicken larb!

DSC04791

Tom Yum soup. We actually ordered the Tom Kai Ga, which is like a coconut rich chicken soup. I was so excited when they gave us the right soup that I forgot to take a photo. I have to say, heaps of places think that Tom Kai Ga is just tom yum soup with coconut milk in it. It isn't! But you have to try it yourself. So good!

On a completely polar tangent, I'm going out tonight and I don't know what to wear. I need something that looks class at an upper class restaurant, but also casual enough to go clubbing. I'm not one to frequent the clubs, but I'm excited to go dancing and seeing my friends. I just don't know what to wear. I almost bought something to wear but when you think about it, it's not worth it. I've already spent a lot of money this week as it is (new parka and boots), plus X-ray costs (I've got wisdom teeth that need to come out), and the deposit for my 21st. It's all hectic, but I'll be working heaps this weekend, and so I'm hoping for a big pay check next week.

Anyway, that's it for now! I hope you guys have a good friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment