Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shake what your mama gave you

There is something that has always perplexed me: this thing called flirting. How does one do this thing? I think there has only been one time where I've been aware that I flirted with someone. And mind you, I excitedly consulted my friends to discuss whether it was flirting. It was decided that it was and I felt quite happy about it. I know: my existence is beyond lame - I am very aware.

But seriously, how is it that there are some people who manage to flirt and charm people effortlessly while people like me clam up? Then there's another part of me that wonders if it's even necessary to flirt. Sometimes verbal flirting is, well, cheesy as fuck. The line I used was, "Ive already got a cigarette but you can light my next one". That's pretty cheese ball. Although, can I just stress that the guy offering to light my cigarette was in no way flirting with me. I just thought it was an opportunity to say that.

I just think that for me, as far flirting goes, I just look at my prey in a weird way. Well, not weird, it's supposed to be "flirty". You are what Tyra Banks calls "speaking with your eyes". Otherwise known as making eyes at people.

Now this makes me wonder what the hell I did to, well, get with my current partner. I think booze was involved so maybe that doesn't count. Actually, just the other day, I propped my glasses on my head, a bit like a headband, and my partner said it was, well, quite attractive. Maybe it's just different when you like someone, because when you do, I dunno, everything about them drives you crazy. At least, that's how it feels for me.

Anyway, I'm done with this. My conclusion, some people are good at flirting, others need a bit more help.

No comments:

Post a Comment