Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mortality Angle

I've been feeling ridiculously emotional this week. I was reading a tweet on Twitter about 200 sheep being  kill in a truck accident and I just broke down in uncontrollable sobs. I suppose I've been thinking about mortality a lot, and thinking about the many ways our lives can end very suddenly. It's a terrible thing to think about and I don't know why I do that to myself.
I think I'm scared of dying.

I suppose there is no better motivation than the fear of dying to stop feeling sorry for myself and start doing something. My biggest problem is inactivity. I'm going away tomorrow for a few days. I'm going to treat it like a wonderful, fun-filled detox and when I come back, I will be refreshed, energised, positive and most importantly, be pro-active. I will apply for jobs, start writing my screen plays and start writing my Mission Impossible/Ethan Hunt/Tom Cruise review.

Have a good weekend! Here are some cupcakes.

9 comments:

  1. I'm scared of dying too, everyone is. Just don't stress yourself over it, think happy thoughts :D

    Those cupcakes look absolutely gorgeous, especially in that sun! Where did you get them from? I'm thinking about baking some cupcakes but just no motivation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cupcakes are from cupcake central in melbourne central. They were really nice but very small.

      Delete
    2. Oh really? I have an Entertainment Book voucher from there I think...they look huge in your photo!

      Hope your weekend away was good and happy CNY! :)

      Delete
    3. Yeah i think there is a voucher for them, or at least for the store in glenferrie. They do both big and small cup cakes there :)

      Happy chinese new year to you too!!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, don't worry about it. I'm less scared about dying but always worry about other people, especially close family. It's inevitable but life is definitely for the living, so live life to the full and be happy! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, life is too short to not live it to the fullest :)

      Delete
  3. Those cupcakes are lovely :)
    Chin up darling, it's definitely no use consuming your thoughts with that of death!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true, and yes the cupcakes were super tasty :)

      Delete
  4. The icing on those cupcakes. To die for...

    ReplyDelete