Sunday, October 16, 2011

food list

I can't believe I'm actually going to New York on Thursday. I really hope everything goes well. I've never been on such a long flight before. I'm gearing up my laptop with all kinds of TV shows, and my iPod too, in case I need a TV fix when my laptop battery is used up. I've got a pretty NY travel guide book but I'm on the look out for a nice novel to read. Nothing too deep or difficult, but entertaining enough to finish. And nothing too heavy either. I might just end up bringing Brave New World or The Great Gatsby with me.

I've started packing today, but I fell asleep while doing so. I've got a cold and hayfever at the moment, so things suck a bit. My parents want me to get better ASAP so that I don't get quarantined in the US. Plus, it would just be the worst thing ever to have to be on a plane for almost 24 hours with a cold. I've packed a few things, but my mum is telling me that there is no point for me to bring any dresses to the US since it's going to be super cold. I am, however, bringing my awesome ASOS leopard print coat. It's going to moult so I'll have to keep it encased in a plastic bag or something, but I'm glad I can get some extra wear from it.

I've also been researching awesome food places to eat at. I'm going to write a list. It's gonna be fun!
  • Katz's Deli - I've been super keen on this place ever since Sun visited that place on Masterchef. I've been getting into pastrami these days, since it's the only red deli meat I can eat since I don't eat pork. I've already told my dad that we're going to split a pastrami sandwich there. I can't wait.
  • Shake Shack - I came across this place after reading a blog post from Blushing Ambition. Annabel went there when she was in NY and her photos look awesome. Since I'm such a huge fan of burgers, I've been hankering for one of their cheeseburgers.
  • Pomme Frites Inc. - I think this is NY's version of Lord of the Fries. They basically have real poutine there, plus something called Irish Curry. Sounds intriguing!
  • Papaya King - I found out about this place through How I Met Your Mother. It's basically the most famous hot dog place ever. Their hot dog combo meals include TWO hotdogs. Awesome much?!

No comments:

Post a Comment