Thursday, December 30, 2010

Camera help!

OH DILEMMA!



Seriously, though, I actually have a bit of an issue and I would very much like any kind of Diana/Holga/SLR/Vintage camera buyer's help. I'm thinking of buying a Diana camera but I'm concerned about the cost of film and the cost of printing. I was looking at cameras on ebay and they cost roughly around the $50-$80 mark (which isn't bad, considering it's "free shipping"). But I just don't know if it's actually cheaper to buy them from an op shop (and that's only IF they have any in stock).

Then there's the issue of what kind of film to buy. I've found a place around Carlton that sells 120 film and that's all cool, but it also depends on where the film gets developed. Plus, I want to know if you can use 35 film in the 120 film (I'm assuming that's a big fucking no but I need to ask anyway).

My dilemma is, do I buy a Diana that uses 35 film and costs around $68, or a holga that uses 120 film and costs around $52?

1 comment:

  1. Plus, I want to know if you can use 35 film in the 120 film (I'm assuming that's a big fucking no but I need to ask anyway).

    I think you're right there. But who knows. Google it? I don't know whether you've solved this issue already. Will you be at home tonight? Do you want to skype? I want to talk to you =)

    I guess you have to think about how much you'd use the camera. Do either of them have flash? My holga doesn't have flash so I can only use it in the day, but that doesn't matter really cause it's summer now!

    You should be able to find a camera shop around Doncaster that does it, I think that'd be cheaper than in the city, but even then it should be like $20

    ReplyDelete