Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Singapore, part one

I am finally back from my holiday. I had all these amazing plans to blog each day to show everyone the food I got to eat and all the things I buy and the places I visit, but I never did any of it. So right here, I'm going to post some of the photos of the food I got to eat and places I visited. My new clothes will have to wait.

One thing I do have to say is that I found Topshop awesome but expensive. I was too afraid to try on anything because it's so expensive. I mean, judging by what I read on wikipedia, I don't think Topshop would decrease in profit if it reduced its prices, since it refuses to join the Ethical trading Initiative. But on a different level, just stop exploiting workers!

Anyway, here are the photos:



Yummy yummy satay. The peanut sauce it comes with is so much sweeter, but delicious nevertheless.


I don't know what this is but it was yummy, especially with the sambal sauce



Kaya toast with eggs. Best breakfast EVER.


Chinatown


Me, drinking coconut juice!




Durian


This is the shopping market in Bugis. I bought lots of things here. Actually, just a pair of ankle boots. But I could have bought heaps of stuff here. I totally could have.


Green tea glutinous rice roll with mango and some black glutinous rice. So good and refreshing!!


Some other amazing greasy concoction


Bandung drink. Tastes like musk sticks. Yummy!


Steamed rice cakes with chilli oil and preserved radishes: so amazing but they're very filling and we order 8 of these. So tasty though!


Mee Goreng, also brilliant!


Meeting up with my pal Susie




ICE CREAM!


IN RAINBOW BREAD! BEST. INVENTION. EVER.

More photos to come, kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment