Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 2 of TV Ban: Boredom

So this is my second attempt at a TV ban. This time I'm banning TV from Mondays to Thursdays. I gotta start slow! I'm going crazy though, and it's only the second day of the ban. I am just so bored. I suppose it doesn't help when I've got nothing planned this week after work and I'm too tired to even accost friends to hang with me. I just feel physically and mentally lethargic, although I was really proud of myself yesterday because I concentrated really well at work and got a lot of things done. Yay! I just wish I had the same concentration levels after work for my own activities. I'd like to write my Alien review sometime soon! I've got my boyfriend pestering me about it so hopefully that should help. Hmm.

Last night's procrastination included reading the $120 Food Challenge blog. It's full of homey recipes and I just enjoy the way Sandra writes. Recently, Sandra made a hamper of yummy food for fellow blogger Carly Findlay to brighten her spirits while she was in hospital. Not only is this such a lovely gesture, but Sandra has put a lot of thought into what foods are best for people feeling unwell. You can read about it here.

So tomorrow is will be my 4-year anniversary with my boyfriend. We've booked a table at Bistro Guillaume on Sunday night and I am super looking forward to it! I'll bring the nice camera with me so I can take photos and maybe to a quick review post or something. YAY FOR PROJECTS. I've checked out their menu and I really want to order the steak and fries. It just sounds amazing, as do their desserts (chocolate delice COME AT MY FACE), although their macarons cost $6, which is a bit dear. Actually, everything on their menu is super dear. Steak and fries cost $50, so that better be some legit steak (I'm sure it is).

I've been reading a lot of blogs about creative inspiration and productivity. It's mostly for work, but I do find some of the articles are really useful. The problem with them is you can end up reading a lot of them and not do any actual work. However, sometimes it does help to read a few just to feel inspired. I'd recommend you check out:

- Marie Forleo's website. She's a super sassy and fun marketing strategist who offers tips on productivity and motivating yourself. She does Q and A Tuesdays so people can ask her questions. It's just awesome. I love the community on her website.

- Creative Boom. These guys have some great tips for freelancers. If you're interested in social media, productivity and want tips on dealing with clients, this is a good one to check out. I think stand out post for me is the one they did about experiencing and dealing with burnouts. If you're having a tough time, please read it; it might be helpful.

- Keri Smith's website. She's a writer full of fun ideas to get your brain in creativity mode. Plus her website just looks cool. Check out her post on 100 ideas to generate creativity.

I'll probably post a few more later in the week! Hope these come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment