Friday, August 19, 2011

Productivity. Ish.

I feel like today has been a decent day. I've found a couple of jobs and applied for them. Well, actually, I found two and one of them I actually found yesterday. There was this job advertised on the loop and it was just perfect for me. Something I could do with my eyes closed. The only problem was it was in Brisbane. I know I've mentioned that I am always willing to relocate somewhere for a job but I never thought of Brisbane. Nothing wrong with Brisbane but I just don't know what else is up there for me. But then again, I've never really been to Brisbane. I've only been to the museum so I guess it's not something I should write off. Hmm. I guess I should totally apply for it then.

Then there was this other job for SBS. They're looking for a Mandarin Part Time Producer, which I thought I could do all right in, although my Chinese is probably a bit shit but Liam's all game to help me somehow (he's learning Chinese at Uni but he's forgotten some of it. I guess we could be study buddies or something). Anyway, if anyone else is in need of a job, do go check it them out and apply.

My friend Susie is the most in the loop with the arts in Melbourne and she posted on twitter that buzzcuts were looking for volunteer reviewers for the Fringe Festival. As I've been quite keen to get back into writing and whatnot, I thought this was a great opportunity. Plus I've just watched 'Goodfellas' (AWESOME AWESOME FILM GO WATCH IT), so I might review 'Goodfellas' as part of my application (because they want you to submit a sample review). Seriously, any one out there who thinks this is awesome should totally apply!

I've also had my friend Stacey ask me to do some continuity work with a film she's producing which features a DANCING IRISH WOLFHOUND! I screamed when she told me. Even if I wasn't helping out on that shoot, I would have BEGGED her to let me hang out with the dog. I love dogs (in case you couldn't tell).



Oh and guess what else I did? I drove today. I don't know if I ever mentioned but I don't have my license. I'm still a wee ol' Learner and today was the first time in MONTHS that I've gone driving! It was a bit freaky at first because my dad isn't the best person to drive. He kept clutching onto the door handle/ledge. I would probably say that I'm getting better but my god changing lanes is the SCARIEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE. It was probably a bad idea to drive in peak hour traffic although it wasn't too bad.

I actually wanted to go to the park and take pictures of flowers or whatever but I just had so much cleaning to do! Plus I wanted to get dressed. I don't know about you but I don't get dressed on my days off. I just whip on my dressing gown and that's that. I do think that if I did get dressed, I would be more inclined to do things. Ah, I'll try that theory out tomorrow.

Anyway, this is one of those nothing blogs. I hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment