Saturday, July 23, 2011

Second First Day in Bangkok

Bangkok started off a little shaky. My boyfriend was really upset actually because he expected something better. Pretty much, he wasn't pleased with the hotel room or the view (our view was the level 5 swimming pool) and the lack of internet and how much it cost. It was a bit crap. We could only access the internet at the lobby and we had to pay $20 for it too. But that aside, Bangkok was and is awesome. My boyfriend (I should call him by his name, I don't know why I do this), Liam, took me to Phaya Thai, which was close to where his sister, Biz, used to live when she was in Thailand. We stopped at this place and had some really yummy lunch to soothe our disappointment with our hotel room.



Tom Yum Soup


Chicken Larb


We then went to MBK for some shopping. Unfortunately I don't have any photos, but MBK is this shopping centre that has 6 floors of just stuff. Clothes, food, furniture - everything, and even things you don't need. There's also a floor just dedicated to tech stuff. Really crazy. I didn't really buy anything there, but it was a good place to hang at.

Later that night, we went across the road for some dinner.




We were meant to get friend prawns but something got lost in translation and we got fish instead. Still tasty though!


Mango Salad with Prawns. So good and spicy.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, your hotel couldn't have been worse than ours...I swear tour groups just go for the cheapest crappest places :(

    ReplyDelete