Sunday, January 10, 2010

Will you just look at these... breasts!



I'm currently looking through the website style like u. It's a good read now and again, just to see what sort of people exist in this world and how they express themselves. Go check it out when you have some time. As I was going through this website, a wave of nostalgia swept over me. I was just inundated with memories of fashion quandaries I had to sort out when I was younger.

When I starting developing boobs, I had a real problem with bras. I hated wearing them because they were uncomfortable. So I wore training bras for a really long period of time and that drove me crazy because I became really paranoid with nipples poking through t-shirts and things. I had this tank top with a Charlie's Angels print on it and I really liked wearing that because the print acted as a barrier that stopped nipples poking through.

After that there was this problem I had with tank tops and singlets. What were they? What was the difference? How would I describe them in writing? That was a HUGE problem for me. I could not get over that. I tried to write stories and describe the clothes being worn by my characters, which, might I add, was the best part of writing stories, but I could never really understand the difference between tanks and singlets. It drove me insane.

Then there was this other fiasco where I couldn't wear spaghetti strap singlets because I hated bra straps showing (of course nowadays, you'd just wear a strapless bra). I couldn't bring myself to wear a singlet without a bra (re: nipple issues) and so I gave up on them altogether. As well, I was also really jealous of people who could wear singlets in public because they didn't have my nipple problem. When friends wore singlets to school, it made me very jealous.

Of course, now, I don't care at all, although I still don't like nipple action. But it doesn't bother me as much because I wear a bra now. In fact, I hate not wearing a bra now...

...probably because of my nipple problem

No comments:

Post a Comment